Tuesday, September 18, 2012

postheadericon Peanut Butter Fudge


White Lights on Wednesdays


Well it is time for another Get Your Chef On Challenge.  Thank you to Jen and Julie for hosting.  Please check out their blogs to see other great recipes!  

I was so excited when I heard the magic ingredient was peanut butter!  What could be better, right?  I knew exactly what I was going to make...my mother's recipe for peanut butter fudge.  

My mom didn't make this often, but when she did, it was pretty much gone immediately...a family favorite.  

Fall is a great time to make fudge as holiday gifts...it freezes well and will stay fresh for several months in the freezer as long as it is double-wrapped (plastic first and then foil) and then placed inside of a freezer bag.  An inexpensive and welcome gift for family and friends. 



Peanut Butter Fudge

2 c sugar
1/4 c white Karo syrup
1/2 c milk

Combine these ingredients until the sugar is dissolved.  

Bring the mixture slowly to a boil, until it reaches the soft ball stage (I highly recommend using a candy thermometer). 

Remove from heat and add:

2 T butter

Mix in thoroughly and let the mixture cool until lukewarm.  Add:

1 t vanilla 
1 c peanut butter

Beat until the fudge begins to thicken and pour into a greased pan.  


A bit thanks to my mom for letting me leaf through her recipes last time I was home.  It was great to try this recipe and was a BIG hit here!





Sharing this recipe here:  



Thirty Handmade Days


Life on Lakeshore Drive

Addicted Button 2, Addicted to Recipes Butoon, v@
Mixitup




White Lights on Wednesdays

The 36th AVENUE


Foodie Friends Friday





Grab a Bloom Button



Until next time,



Photobucket

0 replies:


Sara
Follow Me on Pinterest
Tasty Food Photography eBook

Follow Me On Twitter

Reader Favorites

Topics